[compost_tea] brewing native microbes

From: clay <clayc_at_westnet.com.au>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 08:17:15 +0800

hi group

i live in western australia where a lot of our native forests/woodlands are
being cleared. In a documentary i recently watched on this subject, a
biologist stated that many of our native plants have relationships with
native microbes in the soil that enable nutrient absorbtion etc.

When areas are cleared, all of these microbes are removed in the top few cm,
im assuming.

so a few questions

is it possible to brew native microbes to spray on reveg projects, so we are
not just planting trees but also kicking it along biologically?

Are these native microbes represented within the large diversity of normal
compost tea?

would i need a different compost starter?

or would this just be a waste of time because when we revegetate, do the
microbes just come back?

the biologist seemed to be saying that they would be lost.

Clayton Chipper

East Perth City Farm
Australia
ph. 089 325 7229