[compost_tea] Re: mycorrhizae and companies selling them - all not quiet in Sparkle City

From: tomjasz <tom_at_livesoil.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:14:30 -0000

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, chris reid <reidchris_at_e...> wrote:
> Tom Jaszewski makes a point I find very relevant - coring and spore
> application via cores is not cost effective on any large scale,
especially
> when working with roses and perennials. I spent at least 4 hours
the other
> day and applied spores to maybe 25 plants. I was stunned. 6 holes
per
> plant, add the spores to each hole, fill in the holes. I'm
rethinking this
> process before I proceed.
>
> Tom, could you say more on injection methods? I think that would be
very
> useful to hear.

At work we use a JD-9 gun with an attached 38919 root feeder. This
spray system has a diaphram pump and pressure is reduced to <80PSI.

After turf aeration and before topdressing we incorporate spores into
tea and again use the JD-9 this time with a flodding nozzle. Roots
are tested and evaluated before and after treatments confirming the
effectiveness of these techniques. Dr. Mike's group sells a product
specifically designed for spray application.

In keeping with the direction you seem to prefer to take, I too will
be blunt. I'm not sure of the scale of your use of mycorrhizae, but
consider that a supplier could go bust in a week if he had to field
every end user question. Should you have any questions I can follow
up on please don't hesitate to email or call me.

tomj

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511