Re: [compost_tea] sodium benzoate was Re: Fruit Club Update

From: <Lmvine1_at_cs.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 08:14:37 EDT

In a message dated 10/2/2003 10:04:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jeff_at_gardener.com writes:
> Why are we using Yucca......
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jeff

Documented fungal food plus a great penetrant/surfactant. Gets the CT into
the ground and feeds the fungi. I too add it after brewing.

I used to add during brewing but had foam problems. Also had highest fungal
numbers (measured) with that brew - Saponyn. I did a couple of brews with
yucca with a preservative (sodium b) and the fungal numbers were nonexistant,
again measured. As Elaine says don't use preservatives.
Dan