Re: [compost_tea] fungal vermicompost

From: Kirk Waterstripe <healthysoil_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 20:03:59 -0700 (PDT)

Shredded paper! When I worked at a well known soil biology lab, we made vermicompost with 2-3 milligrams of fungal biomass per gdw. Sorry, we never wrote down the proportions.

Kirk Waterstripe
Midwest Soil Health Services
Grawn, MI

clay <clayc_at_westnet.com.au> wrote:
the other day, i read a message from mike harvey regarding-

ensuring fungal growth by using paramagnetic rock dust...i seem to have lost
the email now

jeff also mentioned a while ago, using oatmeal in his recipe to enhance
fungal growth.

im interested to know if anyone is making their own compost / vermicompost
to use for tea brewing?

and

what other ingredients are people using to enhance fungal activity before
the brewing process?

my reason for asking this is that our city farm may be undertaking some
larger scale worm farming and i would like to produce fungal dominated worm
castings...

thanks

Clayton Chipper

East Perth City Farm