[compost_tea] measuring aeration

From: dloring3 <dloring3_at_cox.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 15:20:49 -0000

Elaine - I just reread the "Aeration" section of the Compost Tea
Brewing Manual. Most everything talked about in the last week is
addressed there except a protocol for taking dissolved Oxygen
readings. Being as your lab is the source for so much of the
information on brewing would you pass along what you've found to be
the best way to use the DO meters for this purpose. I've found
taking a sample out of the tea doesn't work because actively growing
bacteria is using up Oxygen at a tenth of a percent every couple
seconds so the reading constantly drops. Also, I like your zero
calibration technique, the zero solution that came with my meter
never worked for me but degassed water always does.

Dave Sotillo 50

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!