Re: [compost_tea] Re: Air requirement for Bitti ( 9 test run at SFI)

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 00:46:04 -0400

Can you tell that I'm at home tonight? Geting lots of chatting form me!

I think Bob's answer is good - he was trying something different at SFI and is good to tell everyone about it.

The reason most tea machine makers sell their compost and their nutrient mix is because they have tested those in their brewer, and therefore have biological data to show that their mix and compost makes good tea.

Ask them for those data. Standard recipe, standard machine configuration. A good tea machine should get repeatable and consistent numbers. And most of the people who make tea machines that SFI works with routinely get good tea. Important to follow directions however.

Elaine Ingham
President, Soil Foodweb Inc.
SFI Corvallis, OR
SFI Port Jefferson, NY