Re:[compost_tea] Compost Tea Best Practices - Progress and Your Input Requested

From: kevin john richardon <kmagic_at_backpacker.com>
Date: 17 Oct 2003 10:24:03 -0000

Chris,

Pull that tube off, girl friend! Then cut an inch or so (enuff to get the dirty ends off) off the ends and push the tubig back on. Get physical, you wont hurt anything. You can also cut the tubing first, then use a knife to slice the pieces remaining on the fittings, off. Then push the fresh ends of tubing back on the fittings.

Or replace the tubing, its cheap.

A toilet bowl brush works well for cleaning jobs, and will easily get rid of your filthy spots behind the clips on bittis and BobO's. There are toilet brushes with bristols protruding from the apex of the wand in 360*, which makes life easy. The handles on toilet brushes are convienient and give good positive leverage over your job.

For the most part though, I use my hand. I take the equipment in one hand and hold it in the brew, working all the "ring around the tub" spots before removing the aparatus. As I pull devices out of the brew, I hit all the surfaces with my hand; having running water available, I immediately fire up the hose and spooge my equipment with pressure. Done.

Peace