Re: [compost_tea] The Dangers of Anaerobic Tea

From: Mike Harvey <mharvey_at_westnet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 20:03:12 +0800

Scott,
I did an AACT brew the other day 12% molasses and it went really well DO
above 8ppm for 24 hours. Temp though was 15 deg C. So the cooler temp made a
huge difference to the ability of the machine to hold the DO levels. I was
using huge volumes of air into the machine with very efficient diffusers. I
was using 12% only because a particular job required that rate. 6% would be
easier to control DO (based on other work I have done, but not conclusive).
Machine was my 1000 litre model.
Brew was not tested, however I have tested previous high molasses CT with
excellent results.
So do continue with the high molasses CT and let us know how you get on
especially if you test.
The next time I do it I may try at a higher temp and see how it works out.
Regards Mike Harvey www.composttea.com.au