[compost_tea] Re: The Dangers of Anaerobic Tea

From: dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 00:03:41 -0000

--- Time and temp have direct relationship to growth rate of
microorganisms. And it seems to me if you put a higher population
(larger amount of compost)of microorganisms in batch (initially) the
DO concentration will drop faster too. Dennis

In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Mike Harvey" <mharvey_at_w...> wrote:
> Scott,
> I did an AACT brew the other day 12% molasses and it went really
well DO
> above 8ppm for 24 hours. Temp though was 15 deg C. So the cooler
temp made a
> huge difference to the ability of the machine to hold the DO
levels. I was
> using huge volumes of air into the machine with very efficient
diffusers. I
> was using 12% only because a particular job required that rate. 6%
would be
> easier to control DO (based on other work I have done, but not
conclusive).
> Machine was my 1000 litre model.
> Brew was not tested, however I have tested previous high molasses
CT with
> excellent results.
> So do continue with the high molasses CT and let us know how you
get on
> especially if you test.
> The next time I do it I may try at a higher temp and see how it
works out.
> Regards Mike Harvey www.composttea.com.au

molasses. Black
> in
> > colout. Foam was billowing out - I think after it became
anaerobic.

> > > "You'll probably say neither, so the brews weren't growing the
stinky
> > anaerobic bacteria all that rapidly. But the second brew was bad
news,
> and
> > the first wasn't. What difference?"
> > The second brew was made with kelp powder whereas with the other
one I
> used
> > a blend of kelp, fish and fulvic acid (Nutritech Seachange Blend
KFF)

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511