Re: [compost_tea] Humic acid and calciium nitrate

From: David Loring <dloring3_at_cox.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 07:32:33 -0800

Tim - I mixed some humic acid with Calcium Chloride solution and it made a =
gel. I'm not sure what happened but I think that might have been the reaso=
n for the warning. I tried adding humic acid to a Sodium Chloride solution=
 and no gel was formed so it probably has to do with the Ca double plus cha=
rge. That would mean Magnesium could have the same problem.

Dave