[compost_tea] Re: Re: Molasses

From: Kirk Leonard <kirk_at_oregonatural.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 09:45:55 -0800

Mike -- Thanks for taking the time and the thoughtful answers. Understand
better now. What about Jeff's questions? I've been watching "Sacred
Balance," a series by David Suzuki on PBS here. Had a great piece last
night on the burning that aborigines do to cycle nutrients, per the climate
and ground conditions, so it was another timely lesson on how soil
conditions, local resources and experience drive different solutions... He
even had a few minutes featuring Doc E! That was a treat.

On your question comparing compost with manure, I don't know about 7X but
compost is clearly better for soil and plants sooner - can use compost
anytime but manure is best overwintered, according to research I've seen.
It'd be interesting to hear how 7X was determined.

I don't recall your tea setup, though think you've said some. What is the
air/water ratio you're working with? What kind of pump?

Take care. Keep your DO meter handy...:-) and have a good growing
season. -- Kirk L

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511