[compost_tea] Re: RES: [compost_tea GIANT WORLD RECORD VEGETABLES ] Hi-Yield 1 response

From: hi_yield1 <hi_yield1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 19:29:22 -0000

Jeff,
John may share some of his knowledge but certainly not all. Just ask
him what are the variety names of the world record veggies he has
grown in the past?? I see no mention of that kinda of information on
any of his web pages?? Number one ingredient is Genetics no matter
what you grow. Good luck!! OH yea if you get any real feed back please
post the variety names. Take care.
--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Lowenfels" <jeff_at_g...>
wrote:
> <<<PS: Our near 24 hours of summer sun is a VERY VERY BIG REASON
for the
> record sized veggies we can grow!!>>>
>
> I think you missed the point Dr. Elaine was making. She was simply
noting that there are plenty of folks in Anchorage who cannot grow the
same veggies that you can in the Mat Valley using the very same system
....and both have the same daylight hours. Sure some grow the big
veggies in the Mat Valley with chemicals and win and some do it
organically and win. and no one denies there are people who beat John
(though not many!). They use chemicals. He doesn't And, by the way,
they normally don't share their technique...being the true gardener,
John always does.

> And, finally, do not take the Alaska Humus for granted. There are
not"soils all around the world" with 60% organics, complete with
volcanic ashes and phenom microbiology..

> cHEERS,
>
> jEFF

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping