Re: [compost_tea] Winterizing skid spray pump

From: Autumn Scott <autumn_at_olympus.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 11:53:33 -0800

Bill,
Thanks for responding to my question about winterizing my pump. I had
already purchased 3 gal. of Camco Freeze Ban -50 RV and Marine Antifreeze
and decided to put it in last night rather than worry about ruining my
pump. I called the company this morning to question them about your
concerns. This product does not contain alcohol; he says some do. It
contains Propylene Glycol, and "inhibits fouling, corrosion, and prevents
alae growth while it helps lubricate pumps and valves throughout the entire
system". He said it is also used on boat engines and should do a good job.
However, diluting it 1/2 and 1/2 with water only gives me protection to
about 10 degrees, and maybe less than that (here in Western Wash. we've
gotten down to about 8 degrees before), so he suggested I add another gal.
or two. It is not toxic to pets. I drained my hose well, and decided not to
put it in it, hopefully the hose will be ok. (?) Thought I'd post this in
case anyone else had the same questions.
                         Autumn Scott

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511