Re: [compost_tea] Sprayers and application method for Grapes

From: <laura_s_at_vaxxine.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 07:40:05 -0500

We use an airblast sprayer. For those not familiar with these , the nozzles
are mounted in a circle around the back of the sprayer, behind the nozzles
there is a large fan. The fan helps to push the spray further but also
agitates the leaves. By going up one row and down the next, we spray each
vine from the front and the back.

At the travel rate and RPM's we use for tea, the spray travels 2-3 rows in
each direction. This may not be very suitable for greenhouse apps as you
would soon coat the inside of your greenhouse with kelp, molasses, humates

Laura
Feast of Fields BD vineyard/ Niagara Ontario

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511