Re: [compost_tea] Quiz - do you know the answer?

From: <Dgardenman_at_aol.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 07:43:46 EST

Hello group:
You know, Ted brought up an interesting question in this posting. He's
showing good NPK numbers in leaf assays and disregarding his conventional soil test
results.
I understand the biology part of the soil foodweb and have been waiting on
the sidelines till all the dust settles around these conflicting brewer results.
If I'm investing my bucks and time to sell the concept to my customers I need
some agreement within the community that program A produces the reults it
claims.
I can't be sending a tea sample every day and asking a customer to understand
its just the cost of doing buisness. I do like my conventional approach in
that I take a soil test every two or three years and my customers love to see
this graphic progress.
Which brings me to my question Although my lawn fertilizer approach is
organic would leaf assay tests be more valid than my current program?
Secondly I was thinking that bringing my lawns up to satisfactory NPK test
results would be step one in my approach, following that with step two which
would begin the soil foodweb testing and tea application phase.
Most of my accounts are less than 20K ft. However I have 2 that are 70K so
any advice on application equipment would be helpful. I'll be going to New
England Grows again in Feb. so I'd like to start looking at the application end
first.
Hopefully soon I will have the confidence I need in brewer numbers to start
selling this program
Dave Winston

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511