[compost_tea] Re: preliminary report 111703

From: chriscreid <reidchris_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:27:50 -0000

Bob,
The attachments don't seem to work these days. Could you upload the
pix to the photo file and report to the files section?

I have not had any luck growing out fungus, but I haven't tried
using a straight 80 degree temperature, either. Did you use heat
under the compost per Jeff Lowenfels' instructions?

Also, how long was your tea below 6.0 ppm, and how often? sounds
like often enough to make you nuts. Since I don't have your DO
readout, I can't research this myself. I just want to understand
what your firsthand experience is in fungal numbers vs. DO dips.

I guess to understand the outer limit to what's possible with your
ingredients, and how much of a difference the kind of dips you
experienced would make, a test that doesn't dip into the anaerobic
realm would be a useful benchmark. Because Alaska Humus has a lot
of fungus, we can't evaluate AH against AH here -- but if the
results are like Kevin's earlier test, then the only reason to do
such a test would be to see how far the envelope can be pushed.

Did you just happen to slip in "standard dual aeration"? Since
when? I bought a Bitti a couple of months ago and a friend of mine
bought a "Bob", and if you're talking about supplemental aeration
sources, there ain't no standard dual aeration on our units. If
it's now standard, then I hope on Sunday you'll explain what the
upgrade costs to all of us "nonstandard" users.

Chris Reid

Thanks,

Chris Reid

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511