[compost_tea] Re: Air Diffuser, Fungal Brew, and Test Results

From: chriscreid <reidchris_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 22:04:42 -0000

> My favorite "uncommon" ingredient is the bonemeal however.

That would make me a little nervous. The organic standards for NOFA
land care (Northeast Organic Farmers' Association) specify that only
domestic bone meal can be used, but how do you and I know the origin
of the bone meal we're buying?

Maybe somebody on the list can provide some facts about mad cow
disease and any possibility of its spreading through bone meal. I
would welcome more input on the topic.

As Bob Norsen pointed out, he and others have not found a connection
between foam and good test results. From what I've read and
discussed with others on the list, it seems to have more to do with
what ingredients you're using and their physical properties than it
does the resulting tea quality.

Chris Reid

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511