[compost_tea] Re: garlic, hot pepper & fungi

From: chriscreid <reidchris_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 23:25:41 -0000

Ted,
What deer repellents are you talking about? Are you certain that
the smell is coming from the cayenne? I have used hot pepper spray
for insect deterrence and have not noticed the odor being
particularly unusual or bad.

Hot pepper is used as a component in a number of deer repellents
that also use ingredients like rotten eggs...one of them that I have
used, Liquid Fence, smells about as close to the Fresh Kills
landfill as have come since leaving Staten Island, NY! Or like a
cross between Fresh Kills and a dirty, wet dog. Once it dries, it's
pretty unnoticeable, but if it's drizzling and I'm deadheading
plants with this stuff on it, I do get a whiff of Eau de Wet Dog
again.

Chris Reid

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511