Re: [compost_tea] Re: Hiyield

From: David Loring <dloring3_at_cox.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 22:28:31 -0800

Thanks Linda

Dave
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Linda
  To: compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2003 1:35 PM
  Subject: [compost_tea] Re: Hiyield

  Valued members,

  So typical of groups and usenet, anonymous trolls everywhere!
  HERE'S SOME COMMENTARY FROM MY ISP.

  http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm

  "What is a Troll? Top
  An Internet "troll" is a person who delights in sowing discord on the
  Internet. He (and it is usually he) tries to start arguments and
  upset people.

  Trolls are utterly impervious to criticism (constructive or
  otherwise). You cannot negotiate with them; you cannot cause them to
  feel shame or compassion; you cannot reason with them. They cannot be
  made to feel remorse. For some reason, trolls do not feel they are
  bound by the rules of courtesy or social responsibility.

  The only way to deal with trolls is to limit your reaction to
  reminding others not to respond to trolls.

  When you try to reason with a troll, he wins. When you insult a
  troll, he wins. When you scream at a troll, he wins. The only thing
  that trolls can't handle is being ignored.

  Trolls crave attention, and they care not whether it is positive or
  negative. They see the Internet as a mirror into which they can gaze
  in narcissistic rapture.

  Next time you are on a message board and you see a post by somebody
  whom you think is a troll, and you feel you must reply, simply write
  a follow-up message entitled "Troll Alert" and type only this:

  The only way to deal with trolls is to limit your reaction to
  reminding others not to respond to trolls."

  Linda

  --- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "hi_yield1" <hi_yield1_at_y...>
  wrote:
> Hi_yield says,
> Yes that was a well thought out reply. I however noticed an
> infatuation with refrigerators. HA! HA! Take care hi_yield
>
> PS: This will not be "MY Final ANSWER"!!
>
> --- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Halstead" <halstead_at_m...>
  wrote:
> > Hi Chris Reid,
> >
> > That was a well thought out and balanced reply to Hiyield.
> > Well done.
> >
> > Bill

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor