Re: [compost_tea] Tilling is sometimes necessary!

From: jim <jallan6977_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 10:49:25 -0500

   I had a lawn years ago that had soil I couldn't push a 3inch nail into. =
 At the time I knew
little if anything about the organic culture. It was at that time I accide=
ntally happened onto
something similar to compost tea. I had stored some leaves in an uncovered=
 30 gallon
can. Needless to say it filled with water and partially decomposed. The t=
ea smelled like
leaves. Not at all unpleasant as an anaerobic brew might be. Seeing the w=
ater was
greatly colored I decided it had nutrients from the leaves in it. I used i=
t and replaced water
all that summer. Everywhere I threw the "tea" the grass was luscious. The=
 rose plant
"fence" bloomed prolifically. After a couple of years of high mowing and s=
tock-piling the
clippings I had soft soil and a lawn that was the envy of the neighborhood.=
  The only other
thing I did besides regular mowing was almost daily drenching of the soil w=
ith water. That
was 43 years ago.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511