[compost_tea] Red Tide Compost Tea??

From: hi_yield1 <hi_yield1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 19:03:31 -0000

I was pondering how similar red tides and compost teas are. You have
an exponential growth of bacteria in aerated teas that flourish as
long as the oxygen and food supply are abundant. When taken out of the
bucket and watered in, does the SFW provide the same amount of oxygen
you supplied in the bucket? When bacteria concentrations are very high
are you depleating the soil of much needed oxygen creating anaerobic
conditions? Does the dying decaying bacteria deoxygenate the soil food
web even more? Would it be better to use a product like rootshield.
Allowing the process to happen more naturally? I have read many times
that you can't overdose with CT, is that really true?? Take care
Hi_Yield1.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511