RE: [compost_tea] Re: Tilling is sometimes necessary!

From: Tim Kiphart <kiphart_at_ev1.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 14:11:01 -0600

A two to one ratio, while very common, especially in nutritional
supplementation is not correct for soil balancing. If following this 2:1
(dolomitic lime) ratio you very quickly build up excessive Mg, which is
quite often out of balance to begin with.

You do need more Mg in sandy soils to start aggregate formation. Neal
Kinsey says you know your clay soils have too much Mg when you walk out of
your fields 2" taller. With this kind of build up on your boots Mg is 2-3
times higher than it should be.

Tim