[compost_tea] Re: Tilling is sometimes necessary!

From: jonny_carlton <jonny_carlton_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 06:14:55 -0000

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "J Peter Young" <peter_at_b...>
wrote:
2 to 1 is the ratio you want to see in a tissue test not in the soil.
Soil ratio has the ideal of 7 to 1 Ca:Mg. In sandy stuff where i am
from the ratio is usually too far apart but both are too low as well.
Common problem is putting on too much lime at once, must spoon feed
or you will run into problems. pound for pound there is more Ca in
the colloidal fraction than any other element, the colloid has a v
strong affinity to Ca , so if u put excess on whether it be Ca or Mg
you can drive off other essentials such as manganese. OK
> So what is correct.
>
> Peter

Neal
> Kinsey says you know your clay soils have too much Mg when you walk
out of
> your fields 2" taller. With this kind of build up on your boots Mg
is 2-3
> times higher than it should be.
>
> Tim

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cgjvjna/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=
egroup

web/S=1707418612:HM/EXP=1070568233/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix.c
om/Def
> ault?mqso=60178338&partid=4116730> click here
>
> <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egroupmai

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511