Re: [compost_tea] Health & Safety Spraying Tea

From: Jason Kimm <jsnkmm_at_in-tch.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 09:12:40 -0700

Get a soil sample done with International Ag Labs in Fairmont, MN. Use thi=
s information along with a soil audit by SFI to help to correct any immedia=
te soil chemistry imbalances as well as microbiological imbalances. In our=
 quest for bio diversity it is important that we don't forget about the eff=
ects of an out of balance chemistry on the growing system . . . especially =
in the short term. Make sure you make or purchase high quality (SFI tested=
) tea. Once spraying tea is initiated get a leaf analysis done 12 hours a=
fter application and again in 3 days. This allows you to verify that the a=
pplication method was sufficient and that the tree is supporting these litt=
le guys. Continue soil audits from both labs on a monthly basis. Only wit=
h quality information can we make quality decisions.
Regards,
Jason Kimm