[compost_tea] Re: Bacterium Erwinia Amylovora ( Fire Blight)

From: hi_yield1 <hi_yield1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 18:41:58 -0000

Ted,
Sorry for the late reply, somehow I missed that re-post. I wasn't
reffering to the actual fire blight bacterium being used but a protein
named Harpin that is derived from it. You stated that bacterium
erwinia amylovora has been used to force plants to bloom? IN what form
and did you mean to bloom eariler, to overcome vernilization or two
year Biennial plant requirements? Are there other benifits like
increased plant growth, root mass and disease resistance?? I have
never heard of Fire Blight being used that way. Then again there is
allot to learn. I'm very interested in any info you may be able to
provide. Thanks and take care Hi_Yield1.

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Ted Peterson" <ted.peterson_at_t...>
wrote:
> This has been used for years in the ornamental industry to force
plants to bloom. I am unsure as to its side effects if used on food
crops. You may be adding some type of endrocine disruptor into your
food system. Have you done tests on your food product to check for
potentially harmful residuals?

> Ted Peterson
> Earth-Wise/Spirit of the Earth

XXXXX
> number of bacteria and fungi in our CT that matters. Rather it's a
> certain individual responsible for good tea? Last year I
> found a product that is a protein derived from the bacterium
Erwinia
> amylovora. When sprayed onto the plant it elicits a hypersensitive
> response from within. Causing the plants own natural defense
system to
> kick in. Protecting from bacterial pathogens but viral as well
> something thought not possible. It also causes increased nutrient
> uptake, increased net photosynthesis, increased plant growth,
yield
> and eariler maturation. I have made lot's of references to this
> product in my postings. Very surprised no one caught on? So please
> look up HARPIN PROTEIN ( Product name Messenger) at EDEN
BIOSCIENCE.
> I used it last season with good results both preventive and
curative.
> Take care Hi_Yield1
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

> compost_tea-unsubscribe_at_yahoogroups.com

Service.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511