Re: [compost_tea] Re: Compost Tea Best Practices - Ingredients INPUT REQUESTED

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:33:19 -0800 (PST)

Chris and
Anthony - Great way to test qualitatively. Now to prove your test, do all you did but leave out the tea application. See if you get fungi from the other sources. Quantitative - Use a measured amount of tea, measured time, temp,nutrients.. Send some samples to SFI to get a handle on how much fungi there is in your sample. Not sure you can find a way to quantify the results but qualitative is certainly useful. I bet Elaine could / would help you find a quantitative way to approximate the fungi using your method. Bob

chris reid <reidchris_at_earthlink.net> wrote:Anthony , and meant for this to come to the group. When I asked his
permission to share this with other people, he said that he had meant for
this to come to the group, but was having problems getting his posting
through to the board. Can people who can't afford testing use this idea as
a rough proxy to determine if they've got fungi in their tea? It would seem
so...

Chris Reid