[compost_tea] Re: back pack sprayers to use for compost teas?

From: <hi_yield1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 21:47:00 -0000

Robert
My point was copper is used to carry and deliver potable water into
millions of homes and yes I would drink from a cup made of copper.
Elaine made that association, water from copper is bad and un-usable
for us and microbes. Yet another limitation has been put forth
concerning CT. Hysteria prevails once again. The most limiting factor
involoved in aireated tea is the lack of oxygen once the teas are
applied. Far more microbes die off from that than your copper
toxicity. An equilibrium will be reached in the soil and it will be
far less than what's in the bucket. There is more than enough overkill
in the bucket to make up for any insignificant losses due to the
copper. Maybe more thought should be put into ways of aireating the
soil prior to CT applications?? H2O2 perhaps?? Common sense solutions
will move CT forward not HYSTERIA. Take care Hi_Yield1.

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_y...> wrote:
> Yeah Hi yield, how many bacteria and fungi are in YOUR dinking
water? What is the condition of the water as to the chemical affinity
for copper ions as compared to the action of ACT. Two quite different
liquids. Two very different chemical activity rates. Maybe a little
less off the top 'reality' and a little carefull bio-chemical
examination??

> hi_yield1 <hi_yield1_at_y...> wrote:HELLO-REALITY CHECK!! MILLONS OF
HOMES ARE PLUMBED WITH COPPER PIPING.
> AGAIN LET'S BE REALISTIC ABOUT WHAT WILL SURFICE AT HOME OPPOSED TO
> THE LAB. LET'S USE A LITTLE COMMON SENSE HERE. TAKE CARE HI_YIELD.
>
> --- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, soilfoodweb_at_a... wrote:
> > Please, not a sprayer made of copper. It only takes 3 ppm, or 3
> micrograms of copper per ml of tea to kill a bunch of the beneficial
> bacteria.
> >
> > Or if copper is used, it must be carefully lined and you must be
> careful to not scratch or damage that lining. You wouldn't drink
from
> a cup made of copper, don't make your beneficials do it either.
> >
> > Elaine Ingham
> > President, Soil Foodweb Inc.
> > SFI Corvallis, OR
> > SFI Port Jefferson, NY
> > SFI Lismore, NSW, Australia
> > SFI Hilversum, The Netherlands
> > SFI Cambridge, New Zealand
> > www.soilfoodweb.com

> compost_tea-unsubscribe_at_yahoogroups.com
>

> Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

Service.

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: