RE: [compost_tea] Re: back pack sprayers to use for compost teas?

From: Judi Stewart <js_at_olympus.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 12:01:29 -0800

Chris,

You say you take your brewer and supplies to your customer and use
their water and brew on site. I'd like to know how you control the
brewing conditions since you're not there through the cycle
(assumption here) and are you concerned about their water?
I have two wells and choose not to use one for ACT.

Thanks,

Judi

But I take the message to heart. I take my Bob brewer to the site
with my container for brewing, us the client's hose and well water
but my ingredients, I spray, and I clean up. If there's a problem,
it's in something I did. As Ted says, "You never know unless you do
it yourself."

I would fear that the client's sprayer could be a cause of poor leaf
assays or results, and the long term risk I would be concerned about
in Ted's scenario is a P*ssing contest between owner and you/me, the
contractor, to the effect of "See? Compost tea doesn't work." At
the point where one has to look for the reason why, some customers
will be amenable to discovering its their equipment or personnel's
actions that led to problems, and others will not. As long as
everything is working, then there's no problem. Is there a way to
provide a training session for the employee and make sure they
recognize a biofilm and where to look for one? That might be good.

In cases where these are major spraying jobs and customer's
equipment must be used, I would be interested in Elaine's or others'
feedback about what helps make this scenario work best.

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: