[compost_tea] Re: confused and alarmed

From: dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 20:00:26 -0000

-As I've previously indicated service must come with sales otherwise
even the first customer will not be back. The items I purchased are
fine however I'd like to learn faster without more cost, as anyone
probably would. Dennis

In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Mike Bosko" <mjbosko_at_j...> wrote:
> [Mike peeks cautiously out of his bunker for a moment]
>
> Linda, no bullets heading your way from this bunker.
>
> At one time I even felt that I could have been one of the biggest
> proponents of AACT. I'm not very experienced nor highly
knowledgeable
> in the science of it all - but I definitely believed and stood
behind
> what I was reading, and tried to practice what was preached.
>
> I've been reading the posts by HiYeild - and altho I wonder why
she's
> hiding behind this mask and not willing to reveal her true
identity - I
> appreciate some (not that I like them all) of the questions and
> statements presented. Questioning anything outside or against the
> process of AACT seems to be frowned upon on this list. The bunch of
> hip-hip-hurray for AACT gets progress nowwhere. And that is what
> appears to be wanted here - no disagreeing talk of AACT or
disagreement
> in the process and ingredients in making it, just hooplah please.
>
> As I've stated before, from a standpoint of science, there'd be no
> forward advance if a scientist take that approach.
>
> You need to show people that you're trying to make progress, good
honest
> progress, as well as(IMPORTANT) making the process easier and
affordable
> for the common user. Am I echoing myself again here?
>
> I bought a brewer, and embarrassingly enough, I've been concerned
with
> even starting it up, for almost a year now, for fear of doing it all
> wrong, killing the soil and those around it. On top of purchasing
the
> brewer, I -need- a $200 soil test, then to pay to test my compost,
then
> to buy the appropriate nutrients, then to pay to test my final
tea...
> Another soil test ... Repeat. Hardly intriguing to someone
interested
> in exploring this route.
>
> If you listen to this list, you get the impression that unless you
buy X
> brand, use X ingredients, under X's test restrictions, the brew and
its
> application is more likely doomed to failure. And maybe it very
well is
> that way, it is a science -- but don't expect to get other people
> involved if they need to put out these big dollars for tests,
equipment
> and ingredients; and to expect failure if the dollar isn't well
enough
> spent?
>
> If a person who strongly believes in AACT, as I do, is feeling
this -how
> in the world do you/we expect to get the rest of the folks on board?
> Isn't it the many little guys out here that you need to encourage
in the
> use of AACT anyway? How else will you get this to move forward?
Hard
> to run a business without customers who believe in what you're
selling,
> and who are worried about asking questions or make comments for
fear of
> being belittled (this part has gotten ridiculous)
>
> Back into my own bunker... I've been here so long I think I'm
starting
> to look like sadam. I had to boot him out not long ago to go find
his
> own hole ....
>
> Mike

MANUFACTURERS
> of systems that have absolutely no plant background. Often posts
read
> like engineering schemes without even the most basic gardening and
> fertilization knowledge. Is that bad? After all this is a forum for
> the promotion and growth of least toxic methods of farming and
> gardening. I'm not intending to be critical of beginners learning
new
> methods. I am concerned about those new to gardening commercially
> jumping on board without a basic ag/hort background. I just joined
> learn more and can't help but am amazed by the "flag waving" and
lack
> of knowledge. Often posters present tea as a "wonder drug". If our
> farm manager ever showed up with a bill for a bob-a-lator in a
> garbage can I would be affronted. If the goal is to make systems
> available to the masses and encourage the growth of ACT why don't
one
> of you post the building plans. Why not? Because the list of
> manufacturers is quickly becoming a list of film flam artists
> and "anybody can be a farmer" types.
>
> This grumbling about cleaning 90-degree angles is particularly
> hysterical. After many years of cleaning milk equipment I just
don't
> see the issue. Making claims about a machine being easier to clean
> and then not posting any REAL data, is film flam. I go to sites
this
> group has directed others to and all I find is a preoccupation with
> AF and TF. No protozoa counts, no nutrient cycling data or plant
> available N, no nematode counts, just partial testing with no full
> reports which would show the real value of the tea. What's the
point
> of high fungi with high ciliates. What's the point of tea without
the
> other components? What's the value of multiple associations and
this
> groupie atmosphere that seems to be developing?
>
> I will be joining the "other" Assn, simply to try to find a
balance.
> Many of the "leaders " in the use of CT use a machine considered as
> poor tea maker. Do we really believe there is only one lab that
holds
> the key to success with CT?
>
> It's time for a straight up dialogue without the Ad Hominem
attacks.
> Who will step up and take the risks of sharing real usable
> information rather than veiled sales pitches?
>
> Publish a plan and a recipe, take the risk, show us how to get
there
> diredtly without the innuendo.
>
> <retreating to my bunker to dodge the bullets>
>
> Linda

> compost_tea-unsubscribe_at_yahoogroups.com
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

> compost_tea-unsubscribe_at_yahoogroups.com

> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: