RE: [compost_tea] confused and alarmed

From: jim allAn <jallan6977_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 16:08:33 -0500

   Three cheers to you two people. I am in the group that is
intimidated by the high tests and procedures.
   As I have said I have been making a simple unaerated tea for
several years and have yet to have it go anerobic. I do believe
though that my tea would be improved though by adding aeration. My
teapot set-up can be seen on a website of mine, but I don't remember
the url at the moment.
   Suffice it to say that my system starts with a twenty gal. can
sitting about twenty feet above the garden on a convenient railroad
embankment. This is where it starts and where I will be adding the
aeration.
   From there gravity takes it down to a 55ga. drum very slowly so as
not to pull along to many solids. From there it drops another 5 feet
through a garden hose to a watering wand and from there to the
various beds.
   I hope to someday add it through my drip irrigation system. I
have to work out how to get the pressure up to 25/30 psi first.
   To me the volume of tea required would not be an insurmountable
problem. That tea which was not needed for immediate treatment would
simply be stored in the 55gal. drum until full after which it will be
added to the irrigation system.
   I will try to locate the website url if anyone cares to have a
look.

To visit your group on the web, go to: