Re: [compost_tea] confused and alarmed

From: <wpb_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 17:34:20 -0800

Hi Linda,
I've been purposely staying out of this, but, I have to agree with you.
I've been a commercial grape grower for years, and EVERY time I'm
finished spraying, the sprayer and tractor were thouroughly cleaned and
the maintenance performed, every time. It takes a good hour, sometimes
more. Likewise before I weld something together, there is all sorts of
prepwork, or if I'm assembling a machine there are procedures to follow,
and they all take time. That's what sets apart the professional from the
wannabe. As a brewer manufacturer, 1. I will not tell people how to
build their own, why should I ? Someone wants a machine, they should pay
for the research and development, hundreds of hours of trial and error,
and the thousands of dollars that it takes to bring a product to market,
Hmmmm no one gave me thier brewer plans....wow if it were that
simple,..........and 2. If you put your money down i will bend over
backwards making sure you get what you pay for. And that's also what
set's apart the professional from....well you know.
Also, all this whining about cleaning, and elbows, geez, give it a rest
already. Do you people eat on dirty plates everyday? How about your pots
and pans, just let the goo pile up until the pan doesn't have the
capacity to cook the whole meal anymore????? Machines and sprayers, and
this is what I tell my customers, HAVE to be cleaned regularly, no
exception. And as a manufacturer, I am not responsible for the misuse of
my product. And its pretty easy to see if cleanliness was not
maintained. So saying that a brewer is not worthy of purchasing because
it basically produces poison after so many brews without cleaning
because the so called testing authority doesn't like to clean is kind of
ridiculous. You don't like to clean, well then follow different pursuits
or hire someone to do it. This is a messy, messy business. I sure hope
the lab equipment is cleaned between tests.....As for the whining about
the large range in prices between machines, well just like everything
else in life, you get what you pay for. This list seems to be a private
advertising tool for a select few, and I won't follow suit. Off my
soapbox, but who's listening anyway, I'm not bilingual, I don't speek
lemming
Bill

                         [click here]