Re: [compost_tea] List Nazi?

From: Autumn Scott <autumn_at_olympus.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 01:48:54 -0800

Chris,
I would like to let you know how much I appreciate the tremendous amount of
time and effort you have put into the compost tea project. And thanks,
also, to the others mentioned who have been working hard on our behalf. I
have a huge file on my desk of copies of old posts that were important to
me, but I haven't kept them very well organized, and I'm really looking
forward to your finished product. I have tried to learn as much as I can,
and I find that as our knowledge increases, and ideas change, I keep trying
to add to and update my pile of notes. I have been with the list since the
beginning, and I have seen a real need to sort out and make available all
of the information that list members have been learning and posting.

I have also admired your willingness to speak out on several occasions, as
I almost always find you to be articulate, thoughtful, and fair-minded.
I've especially appreciated it when you try to get people to be more
specific about their conditions of brewing so that we can all benefit; that
does not justify a member being hostile toward you- if they feel that is
proprietary information they don't wish to share, a simple statement to you
should do. Your enthusiastic participation, interest in helping new
members, respect for others, and willingness to share your research of
relevant topics have all been refreshing. You have certainly been a large
factor in keeping me involved when I have been very frustrated. The group
has grown much larger, with many different types of people with different
interests and different goals; I believe this makes it all the more
important for us to regulate ourselves and follow the few simple rules that
have been laid out and keep in mind our goals. It seems like the rules
should be on our home page so that new members are aware of them.

On a different topic, we talk a lot about brewer manufacturers needing to
be accountable, I would also like to see vermicompost and compost producers
testing their products more frequently, and providing that information to
consumers, since that is so essential to our results, and it doesn't seem
like everyone should have to test. One test can cost as much as one 50 #
box of vermicompost, so if it's low in fungi, you've got to order another
box and hope it's better. I realize it may not be uniform throughout, but
atleast it would give you an idea.

                                Best wishes,
                                                Autumn Scott

Yahoo! Groups Links