[compost_tea] Re: Tea-riffic brewer cleaning

From: chriscreid <reidchris_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 14:36:34 -0000

Laura,

Thanks for posting the info on your brewer. This will help folks in
buying and in cleaning it.

Here is what makes the difference to me between a post that is
building knowledge and one that is self promoting.

If you had just said, "Our brewer is a breeze to clean," I would
consider that promotional, even if it is "true". Why? Because it's
a judgement you've made that we must respond to with "Ok, we'll
trust you and take your word for it." BUT the difference is -- in
this post, you describe what must be done and how to do it. I can
decide from your description whether it is easy or not -- or I can
compare it to other descriptions from other manufacturers.

The point, of so I thought, of this list is to build knowledge about
compost tea. When a manufacturer contributes to building knowledge
on the list by posting facts that people can use, this is a
service. When the manufacturer's post requires the reader to "trust
me", and doesn't make it possible for the independent person to
verify what is said -- then the question this raises for me is "is
this an informative post or a persuasive post?

I will add your post to the section I am creating on how to clean
brewers and also hold it in the section on brewer selection.

Thanks for making this info available and thanks for thinking
through your design to accommodate thorough cleaning..

Chris Reid

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511