[compost_tea] Re: not just selling tea (1 good customer,1bad customer ) cost $

From: lawnjockeynick <nick_at_lawnjockey.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 20:54:36 -0000

It's been at least 6 months since I've posted; I don't like
reading 'want ads' when I'm trying to learn. Therefore, I don't go to
this list very often anymore.

But, in the last month, I have had some calls and e-mails from
individuals who want to get into the ACT business. They
mention "ground floor opportunities" and they want to know how much I
charge - not "what do I offer?" or "what do they need to know about
sustainable practices?". Some of these individuals don't even know
plant I.D.'s. If you don't know the plant, you probably don't know
the environment that plant needs or it's allelopathic equation. These
kinds of people that get into the ACT business to make a quick buck,
without the knowledge to back them up, will fail and give ACT a bad
name. Hopefully, once they've failed at this, they will let others
know, you need to know what you are working on. Do the research, get
educated on your subject matter.

I've referred these individuals to this list, and ICTC, with the hope
of them getting the knowledge, or a starting point to get the
knowledge, they need and to enable them to make the right decisions.

Also, if somebody is always trying to sell their machine to you, you
don't need that one... if it's a great machine, it will sell itself.
Do the research, take a look at all that is out there. I have my
preferences and would be happy to talk off list about them. p.s. I am
not a salesman, only a user.

Just a lawn jockey's thought...

Nick
www.lawnjockey.net

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "w.reece speas" <wrspeas_at_y...>
wrote:
> This room is really exhausting , and i am not very good at keeping
my mouth shut sometimes , this should be a place for people in this
industry to come and exchange ideas and learn and chat and visit
about ct, to build and encourage new people in this industry , not to
tell top secret information but generalized information and ted is
right its not always nessacarally the tea but the person applying the
tea ,someone willing to do what it take's to do it right , not just
sell and spray tea , ted is successfull because he care's about what
he does for his customers, taking the extra step , AS some of you
grow weather you beleave it or not its in your best interest to teach
those around you at least some good basics ,because aa good basic
knowlege for a beginner will go farther to help you ,than the battle
you are going to have to fight all the way up hill if he does
something to ruin your industry, 1 good customer is worth about a
$1000.00 ,1 mad customer can cost $10.000.00 ,
> because i guarranty you , that mad customer will tell more people
about his bad experiance than the good one, anyway I am going to go
enjoy the holidays ,Hope you all do to ,Marry Christmas Happy New
Year , sincerly w.reece speas

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511