Response to Chris (Was Re: [compost_tea] Re: constructive look at our list?)

From: dakesian1 <dakesian_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 11:07:24 -0000

I agree! I think Chris's file is great. Btw, I have read most of
the posts here for many months. I don't see where people are getting
rude or that upset with Chris. Maybe I just have thick skin?

Chris: If people want to protect their procedures and designs
because they are professionals you simply have to respect that
philosophy. I can understand their concerns. Don't get angry with
their refusal to "publish" the secrets they worked so hard to
achieve. Also, many of us can read "between the lines" and garner
the "gist" of what the professional(s) might be saying.

Many of the professionals, you included, let me know that I was
relying too much on foaming as an indicator of good ACT. Many
advise on how to use a DO meter, cleaning a machine, etc. All of
that is instructive to someone needing that information.

Overall, I think the professionals have been very instructive here.
I honestly think that brewing/using ACT will proliferate to the
masses within the next two generations. Why, it works! It's simple
to brew and gives good results as long as you follow some
fundamentals. In fact, maybe some of you professionals will publish
books on the subject in the years to come. Look at how many organic
gardening books followed the 1962 publication of the Rodale book of
Organic Gardening.

Happy Holidays!

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_y...>
wrote:
> NOOOO
> Chris if you leave you take all your great effort away from the
many who do appeciate it because there are a few who may sound
rude. In any group you need armour enough to deflect the few
spitballs that are thown. Remember 8th grade? Spitballs? Some here
never got past that way of writing. If you leave they win. toughen
up ! Bob

> chriscreid <reidchris_at_e...> wrote:
> Ted,
>
> I agree with you completely. It is not my job to tell anyone here
> what to do. I thought we were here to learn about making compost
> tea, but various poeple are here for various purposes. The list
> purpose is very loosely enforced if at all; it's really become
> people doing their own thing.
>
> You have brewed much more tea than I have. That is why when I give
> people information, I try to not to overstate what I know. If I
have
> information, that is from others' experience, or something Elaine
> taught, I try to say that and refer people. The reason I started
> the project was to learn about compost tea myself.
>
> I think I would be better off pursuing this project with a smaller
> group of people, who agree about the kinds of posting they will do
> and are aligned on pursuing the project. that is most likely what
> will do. As you say, there is little point in trying to convince
> people to do something that "I" want them to do -- that they don't
> want to do.
>
> The unpleasantness is just not worth it, and I'd rather focus on
> what I think is important and not get distracted.
>
> So, onward and upward Ted.
>
> Chris Reid

> compost_tea-unsubscribe_at_yahoogroups.com

Service.

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: