Response to Chris (Was Re: [compost_tea] Re: constructive look at our list?)

From: chriscreid <reidchris_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 13:28:14 -0000

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "dakesian1" <dakesian_at_s...>
wrote:

> Chris: If people want to protect their procedures and designs
> because they are professionals you simply have to respect that
> philosophy. I can understand their concerns. Don't get angry
with
> their refusal to "publish" the secrets they worked so hard to
> achieve. Also, many of us can read "between the lines" and garner
> the "gist" of what the professional(s) might be saying.

Richard, please go back and read the posts I have sent. This is
what is distressing -- to see people ascribe ideas and motives and
attitudes and words to me that I have *never* expressed. I said my
piece and others *accused* me of having this point of view.

Ask Bob Norsen whether I respect his proprietary information. I
think he can straighten people out on this point.

To see people arguing or trying to make points to me in areas on
which I have *clearly* stated my agreement.

If enough people write posts like this to me, Richard, everyone who
is too busy to read the archives will start to believe I have really
espoused these points of view. And I have NEVER EVER begrudged
anyone their right to keep their proprietary knowledge to themselves.

Read the posts and find the place where I have begrudged proprietary
knowledge be kept private.

I believe I have instead tried to hold the line on distinguishing
between what is incomplete information and falls under the category
of marketing, and what is complete information that has to do with
building a factual base for using tea.

If you find it a productive use of your time to read between the
lines and guess what is going on as a method to learn about tea,
then that is your right.

My perspective, after having done a lot of archives diving over the
last few months, is that it's quite time and labor intensive to use
this approach.

Chris Reid

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511