Re: [compost_tea] Re: Aeration during transport ( air in tank, feeding air )

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 10:57:58 -0800 (PST)

What is so hard about getting decent aeration to the ACT after the brew while in an applications tank? Every test we made showed the D O2 level drops rapidly without aeration. Every warning made about ACT is that it stops being ACT without AIR. Air on top of the TEA? You get just the area of the tank and no circulation. I bet the top mm of ACT gets D O2. Is that good enough? Or would you rather the entire volume of ACT get enough air to remain ACT until you spray it? Some reports that ACT is "good" for 5 to 7 hours without AIR? Does that depend on where the brew cycle was when pulled from the aerating brewer? It is so easy to keep the AIR going into the standing waiting ACT why dink around. Just do it. Bob Oh, And have great Holidays !! Bob

"w.reece speas" <wrspeas_at_yahoo.com> wrote:hi , I was told that i just need to keep fresh air in tank for the tea, would it be better to run a hose into the middle of my 200 g sprayer and feed them from with in or just run a continuous flow of air into the top of the tank,? thanks reece

Ted Peterson <ted.peterson_at_tcsn.net> wrote: ----- Original Message -----