Re: [compost_tea] Re: storing worm castings

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 01:02:03 -0500

Glad to see you join the group, Kelly!

The need for reviving - and thus the use of oatmeal, or alfalfa meal, or feathermeal, - occurs when the worm compost has NOT been treated properly, and needs to be resuscitated.

Can you point me to the data that shows three years as good response? How was the compost stored? I've only been able to get two years as the limit for storage, before seeing a significant loss in bacterial diversity.

Welcome!

Elaine Ingham
President, Soil Foodweb Inc.
SFI Corvallis, OR