Re: [compost_tea] cutworms and parasitic nematodes

From: Jeff Lowenfels <jeff_at_gardener.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 18:14:15 -0900

Come on Paulette,

You know that ACT is not an icide so it won't kill cutworms. We have to be=
 careful here.

In addition, I don't know about the worth of parasitic nematodes, but they =
don't multiply in the tea.

There are other things in the soil foodweb that will eat cut worms as well =
as nematodes. Good compost, good compost tea and sufficient organics should=
 allow nature to take over. Tea can only do so much....

Cheers,

Jeff