[compost_tea] "Effective Microorganisms" was Teruo Higa article on beneficial and effectivemicroorganisms

From: rlbct <rlbct_at_clear.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 09:56:09 +1300

I assume we are talking about Bokashi stuff?

I am giving this a try, mainly as a way to begin processing kitchen waste.
Could it be useful to put the bokashi in the worm bin?
Or innoculate it (after initial processing) with soil?

My problem with EM production is that it must be in an anaerobic
environment. This leads me to suspect that the organisms won't survive too
well in the soil once applied.
However, perhaps they are useful food for the existing soil life? (provided
there is any... ;>)
I presume that having done their work, there are many bactieria there, all
holding nutirents in a biological form? If this is so, then continued
application might be beneficial to growing plants not so much for the living
EMs, but for the form of the nutrients?

????
Lynton

Yahoo! Groups Links