Re: [compost_tea] Rodale's SARE annual report

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 22:35:53 -0500

One point that needs to be corrected in the SARE report, the level of coverage that SFI states as adequate is 70% coverage. The Rodale SARE report states that SFI says 60% coverage is adequate, and this is not correct.

The total coverage, determined by summing both bacterial and fungal coverage, needs to be at least 70%.

Some of the data used to show this level of coverage as being adequate was done for a SARE grant, and those data are in our 2003 WSARE website report.

I discovered an error in the time course trials of leaf coverage, so those data are not yet in the report. But soon!

Elaine Ingham
President, Soil Foodweb Inc.
SFI Corvallis, OR
SFI Port Jefferson, NY