Re: [compost_tea] Digest Number 597

From: betsy <betsy_at_rossfarm.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 21:16:44 -0500

About spraying livestock with compost tea:
We have found that if the livestock stay mainly on our 'biology' pastures,
they have fewer flies (lots fewer (<20> - usually if cattle have >200 you
figure it is economically viable to spray and reduce that number) - no, I
don't actually count them!

We have sprayed CT on these <20 flies group and the flies all but disappear
for a good 45-60 days.

We have also sprayed CT on some of our herds >200 flies that don't get to be
on our 'biology' pastures very much. This spraying helps for only a few days.

So, got good biology in pastures, got fewer flies to torment our steers. But
the message is, its a total package deal: healthy soil=healthy
plants=healthy animals = healthy people.

that's my two cents worth.

betsy
www.rossfarm.com
Granger, Texas