Re: [compost_tea] Re: 131 degrees Farenheit heated compost for 3 days

From: Ted Peterson <ted.peterson_at_tcsn.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 11:30:47 -0800

I disagree based on findings from testing. While the compost can contain N=
D amounts of pathogens, brewing at higher temps and food will cause them to=
 grow. I think we cannot depend on compost "standards" re: pathogens if we=
 ever hope to get compost tea certified. We need procedures that completel=
y as possible de-emphasize pathogen growth.

Ted Peterson
Earth-Wise/Spirit of the Earth