[compost_tea] Re: CT on NOSB Agenda!

From: dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 02:22:51 -0000

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, Robert Monie <bobm20001_at_y...>
wrote:

snipping done here by Dennis

Bob how has "proper pasteurization" been quantified? Dennis Kemnitz

.

 (Can proper making of compost be quantified in the same way as, say.
proper Pasteurization has been?)

> Bob Monie
>
> soilfoodweb_at_a... wrote:
>

> There are no data to show that human pathogens grow in compost tea
that is made with properly made compost.

> [snip]
>
> So, my point of view is that we have lots of data points showing no
human pathogen problems in compost tea, as long as the compost is
properly made.

> [snip]
>
> My conclusion would be that the NOP regs should say compost tea has
to be made with properly made compost.

> Elaine Ingham

> compost_tea-unsubscribe_at_yahoogroups.com

Service.