Re: Pathogen Report MS Word Doc Re: [compost_tea] Re: CT on NOSB Agenda!

From: Jeff Lowenfels <jeff_at_gardener.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 21:20:31 -0900

I saw nothing in the report that supports the idea that tea made at 70 degr=
ees is less effective than tea at 60 degrees in dealing with pathogens. I g=
et better fungal numbers at 70 degrees and by that I suspect better diversi=
ty. Everything I've read is that it is the aeration, not the temperature (w=
ithin range) that counts when it comes to dealing with pathogens in tea. =

In short, I get better teas at 70 than 60 and have had my best at 74 if mem=
ory serves me.

Jeff