Re: Muni greenwaste (was Re: [compost_tea] Re: do meter????)

From: Ted Peterson <ted.peterson_at_tcsn.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 10:53:31 -0800

Imagine that. We are in total agreement. Good refs. I was citing material=
 from Bandini and others who use it in things like Weed and Feed, etc. The=
 60 -90 day figure was based on their testing not on reality. We had to st=
op our project because of the "perception" that ALL greenwaste was so taint=
ed even though there were no test to show similar results with the greenwas=
te we were using. These chemicals are the biggest threat to muni compostin=
g and grass composting overall as far as I am concerned.

By the way, have you figured out how to pronounce that stuff? I have heard=
 it pronounced Clop - y - a - ral - id and clopy - ralid and clop - a - ral=
id and cl(aw)pralid and clo - pyr - alid. I finally went with cl(aw)p - ra=
lid but I still don't have a definitive pronounciation.

Ted Peterson
Earth-Wise/Spirit of the Earth