Re: Misstatement on Clopyralid Re: [compost_tea] Re: Clopyralid

From: Ted Peterson <ted.peterson_at_tcsn.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 14:31:09 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: Margaret Lauterbach
To: compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 1:44 PM
Subject: Re: Misstatement on Clopyralid Re: [compost_tea] Re: Clopyralid

There are many citations, I suppose the EPA carries most weight. See it at=

http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/EPA-PEST/2000/September/Day-27/p24320.htm . But=

whatever you want to believe, you will.

What I want to believe I will? Margaret this has nothing to do with belief=
. The EPA report was written in 2000. Clopyralid was discovered and used =
in 1998/99 I think. It's relatively new. The report I listed and the data=
 sheet are products of 2003. Two more years of testing and observation and=
 experiment can expose a lot. But let's say the citations I refer to are c=
ompletely wrong. Clopyralid has no ill effects in humans according to you =
and we will just leave it at that. Use it freely. If you find some data t=
hat shows a different perspective, you may want to forward it. The links I=
 send don't seem to have any weight with you.

Frankly I dislike one-sided arguments. If you want to promote something, sh=
ow all sides of it. That makes for a better conversation. I corrected my =
misstatement about cancer and Clopyralid but I will keep looking for the li=
nk where I found the reference. The statements about reproduction and the =
others are from a reputable source but I guess you just have to believe. B=
y the way, if you knew how the EPA worked, you would rely on their data les=
s and less. There are many reputable people I know and respect who totally=
 disregard any assertion made by EPA.

Ted Peterson
Earth-Wise/Spirit of the Earth