Misstatement on Clopyralid Re: [compost_tea] Re: Clopyralid

From: dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 23:37:49 -0000

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, Margaret Lauterbach
<melauter_at_e...> wrote:
> At 03:31 PM 3/16/2004, you wrote:
Clopyralid

> >There are many citations, I suppose the EPA carries most weight.
See it at
> ><http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/EPA-PEST/2000/September/Day-
27/p24320.htm>http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/EPA-PEST/2000/September/Day-
27/p24320.htm
> >. But
> >whatever you want to believe, you will.
> >
> >What I want to believe I will? Margaret this has nothing to do
with
> >belief. The EPA report was written in 2000. Clopyralid was
discovered
> >and used in 1998/99 I think. It's relatively new. The report I
listed
> >and the data sheet are products of 2003. Two more years of
testing and
> >observation and experiment can expose a lot. But let's say the
citations
> >I refer to are completely wrong. Clopyralid has no ill effects in
humans
> >according to you and we will just leave it at that.

<><><<<>Margaret the MSDS (from Dow)indicates problems(may cause
permanent impairment of vision and even blindness).The "inert"
ingredients in products including cyclohexanone cause vomiting,
diarrhea,and dizziness. Accent Gold"causes irreversible eye damage",
acc. to E.I. duPont Nemours and Co., Agricultural Products, 1998.
www.dupont.com Dennis

<><<>Margaret you said the fumes wouldn't be a problem, I believe.
That would depend on the molecule and the research probably hasn't
been done. But I do need to check . As temp rises 10C reaction rates
double. And the tiny poisonous molecules would ride the smoke
particles to contaminate the surroundings. This neighbor I have is
sending me black pungent fumes from his 5- 55 gallon burn(smoldering
all day quite often)barrels. Keep in mind this is not coming from a
high temp gas fired incinerator. I need to find an environmental
testing facility but all labs and people I've talked to come back
with,"What is it?" As if I knew. What I know is I made the mistake
of buying and building by a terrorist! Thank you for the info.Dennis

Use it freely. <><>><>I won't. Dennis

 If
> >you find some data that shows a different perspective, you may
want to
> >forward it. The links I send don't seem to have any weight with
you.

><><><><><><><Read the MSDS. And if that doesn't cause concern check
out foods (not feeds,herbicides or pesticides)which require MSDS
along with shipment of the product.Dennis

 It would be more authoritative if I knew who had done the testing,
under
> what conditions, etc. Extoxnet is run by a consortium of five of
the
> country's top ag universities. I do trust that information. But
again,
> I'm mystified as to why they don't deal with Clopyralid. I didn't
go to
> their FAQ. Since I'm not a scientist and have no means to
replicate
> experiments, I have to rely on statements of others, and I rely on
bona
> fides. Margaret Lauterbach
>
> ><><<><><<><>Clipping here by Dennis
>

>> Margaret L
> Gardening in Intermountain West and Handicapped gardening
> www.margaretlauterbach.com

Yahoo! Groups Links