Re: [compost_tea] Mowing Orchard

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 22:00:58 -0800 (PST)

Is there a good reason to mow? Back on the farm we left the grass to grow and lay like a mattress. The grass at 9" cushions my body while I gaze skywards. It cushions the apples so when they are at the peak of ripe and juicy and fall I can pick them up, unbruised. Love that deep grass!!. Bob ( I fantasize having that kind of time)

Jeff Lowenfels <jeff_at_gardener.com> wrote:<<<<In a orchard situation should one mow the orchard before appling CT
or after.The grass is about 9 inches high.>>>

Jeff L

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT