Re: [compost_tea] Re: Water Quality

From: Ted Peterson <ted.peterson_at_tcsn.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 22:07:25 -0700

----- Original Message -----
  From: Bill Pleasants
  To: compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, April 09, 2004 7:29 PM
  Subject: [compost_tea] Re: Water Quality

  George Hahn advised me that water with total disolved solids more than 50=
 ppm

I must have misread one of my books. I thought TDS was Total Dissolved Sal=
ts not solids. I guess I will have to reread some basic texts and see wher=
e I got this wrong. However, can you tell me what difference Total Dissolv=
ed Solids make with the tea? Since we are dumping compost into the water a=
nd even if you use a bag (ugh!) some of the finer particles will fall throu=
gh the mesh and collate in the liquid if fine enough. My systems do not us=
e bags or chambers and so have a lot of suspended solids in the tea.

It just goes to show how little I really know. I totally mistook TDS for s=
alts not solids. Wow, does this change things.

Ted Peterson
Earth-Wise/Spirit of the Earth